Keeping your investments safe

Property Owners Insurance

Also known as landlord insurance – providing coverage for individuals or entities who own residential or commercial properties. From one property to a whole portfolio across the country, we have you covered.

Property owners insurance, also known as landlord insurance, is a type of insurance that provides coverage for individuals or entities who own residential or commercial properties. It typically includes protection for the building structure, liability coverage in case someone is injured on the property, and coverage for loss of rental income due to covered events, such as fire or severe weather.

Property Owners Insurance typically includes the following types of cover;

  • Buildings Insurance: This covers the physical structure of the property against damage caused by various perils such as fire, flood, storm, subsidence, and vandalism. It typically includes the cost of repairing or rebuilding the property.

  • Property Owners Liability: Provides coverage if a tenant or visitor is injured on the property and holds the landlord liable. It covers legal expenses, medical costs, and compensation claims.

  • Contents Insurance (Optional): If the property is furnished or partially furnished, landlords can opt for contents insurance to cover the belongings they provide, such as furniture, appliances, or carpets, against damage or theft.

  • Loss of Rent Insurance: If the property becomes uninhabitable due to a covered event, this coverage compensates the landlord for the lost rental income during the repair or rebuilding period.

  • Malicious Damage by Tenants: Covers damage caused deliberately by tenants to the property or its contents.

  • Legal Expenses Insurance (Optional): This covers legal costs related to tenant disputes, eviction proceedings, or other legal issues concerning the property.

In addition to primary covers above, some packages can also include further covers such as Professional Indemnity, Money, Personal Accident, Goods In Transit & Terrorism.

We can assist in tailoring a package insurance policy that suits your requirements with the facility to cover all bases.

  • Single property to large portfolios

  • Commercial & Residential properties 

  • All types of occupancy can be covered – Professionals, DSS & Student Lets

  • Properties in a high flood risk area – alternative solutions also available.

Not only will you have the peace of mind you are protected, we will spend the time assessing the market ensuring you have the right cover at the right price

Simply get in touch – Depending on the size and complexity of your business the information we require varies in every case.

Feel free to email or call and one of our commercial team will be on hand to assist.

Alternatively you can complete the contact form (with our contact information below). Here you can specify your requirements, a preferred time & contact type – we will receive this in the office and one our advisors will be in touch as requested.

meet our panel

A selection of the insurers available to us, allowing us to offer expert independent advice to meet your insurance needs. 

Give Us A Call​​

0115 931 2800

Our Door is open

Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:15pm

Email Us

lets have a chat

provide your contact info below and one of our advisors will be in touch